IFF Microbiology Intern Vacancy 2022 – Candidates Apply Online
IFF Health & Bioscience is a global leader in health, biosciences, food, beverage, and sensory – taste (flavor) and smell (scent) – experiences. We apply expert science to advance market-driven, healthy, and sustainable solutions for the food, beverage, dietary supplement, personal care, and pharmaceutical industries. We use cutting-edge biotechnology across our markets to advance bio-based solutions that meet the needs of a growing population while protecting our environment for future generations. IFF Health & Bioscience supplies 1 in 3 probiotic supplements and has been the key player in the lactic acid bacteria industry for >100 years. Our research focuses on the discovery of next-generation probiotics, postbiotics, prebiotics and biological solutions driven by our state-of-the-art microbiome research using a systems biology approach.
Job Title: Microbiology Intern
Location: Wilmington, DE, US, 19803
Company: IFF Family of Companies
IFF is seeking innovative, collaborative MS-level graduate student to participate in our internship program at our Wilmington, DE Experimental Station site. IFF interns will have the opportunity to gain hands-on working experience while strengthening their professional skillset.
As a Microbiology / Molecular Biology intern, you will spend your time…
- Enrichment and isolation of microbes from environmental and animal tissue samples (e.g., water samples, poultry gastrointestinal tracts, organ tissue, litter samples, etc.)
- Development and execution of microbial functional assays (inhibition assays, biofilm assays)
- Genetic characterization of strains using molecular biology and bioinformatics tools (PCR, qPCR, RAPDs, BioNumerics)
- Use of high-throughput techniques and robotics
They are looking for an intern who can work 10-15 hours per week during the Spring / Fall semesters and up to 40 hours during the summer months. We are looking for someone who is currently working towards a Master’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better. Those pursuing a M.S. degree in Biological Sciences with preferences to Animal Health Sciences, Microbiology, Molecular Diagnostics, Medical Sciences or related disciplines will be considered. Other skills we are looking for include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Microbiology Lab experience
- BSL-2 experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work and complete projects within a team environment.
IFF Microbiology Intern Vacancy