Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) Bioinformatics Intern Recruitment
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) Bioinformatics Intern Recruitment. IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique.
Job Title: Bioinformatics Intern
Status: Temporary, Full-Time (40 Hours/Week)
Location: Based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Bioinformatics Intern will gain experience working with an Industry Bioinformatics Team and will support our NGS and CRISPR product development efforts. Bioinformatics projects span the areas of sophisticated data analysis, utility creation and software tool development for internal use.
- Analyzes and interprets scientific data
- Communicates results with both the Bioinformatics and wet-bench scientific teams
- Creates software utilities or tools using one or more programming languages
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Programming in Python, R,
- Prior job experience is a plus
Other Job Qualifications
- Strong background in biological systems, and/ or biochemistry
- Ability to analyze data using publicly available and internally developed tools
- Ability to run appropriate statistical analyses and report results
- Bash, python, R, or related programming language
- Write programmatic utilities to assist in data analysis
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or [email protected] to request an accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.