Intern Computational Biology Summer 2023 – Bristol Myers Squibb
Intern, Computational Biology (Summer 2023) They are seeking a highly motivated graduate student to join our Disease Strategy and Hematology group for a 10-week long summer internship program.
Location Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Understand and apply computational methods for patient stratification using genomic data
- Evaluate, interpret, and validate the output of the previous methods based on prior disease knowledge
- Deliver and communicate the analysis results to the Disease Strategy and Hematology team
Qualifications & Experience
- A strong foundation in statistics and ML methods
- Experience in R and Python programming languages
- Currently enrolled in Master’s / PhD program in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Data Science, or a similar field
- Must be able to work full-time for the program duration
- Very good communication and presentation skills
The successful candidate will work with their mentor to apply and evaluate novel computational methods for patient stratification. This work will include the analysis of real disease datasets with innovative methods, as well as the exploration of the results. Over the internship period the candidate will have the opportunity to interact with experienced Computational Biologists and Machine Learning Scientists to obtain an understanding of the complexities, but also the importance of patient stratification during drug development.
Intern Computational Biology