Intern Food Safety & Sanitation Summer 2022 at Kellogg’s
Intern Food Safety & Sanitation Summer 2022 at Kellogg’s. Kellogg Company is the world’s leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods. With a diverse portfolio of brands, you’ll find Kellogg products such as cereal, crackers, cookies, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit-flavored snacks, frozen waffles, veggie foods, and more, in over 180 countries.
Date: Oct 29, 2021
Job Req ID: 3906
Category: SupplyChain/ Operations
City: Battle Creek
Intern – Food Safety & Sanitation – Summer 2022
As a Food Safety & Sanitation Intern with Kellogg for Summer 2022, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Corporate and Plant Sanitarian managers to understand how sanitation impacts the plant and how the plant systems and operations, in turn, impact sanitation. You also are part of the process to develop initiatives to improve overall plant hygiene and product quality, productivity, and capacity.
When you are a Kellogg’s Intern, you will be a contributing member of the Plant Sanitarian team, and your input matters! Did we mention we have plenty of snacks?
ERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- The Daily Grind – You will conduct assigned projects while increasing the level of understanding of processes and methods while also providing technical or scientific direction through research on assigned project.
- Collaborating for Success – Teamwork is key. You will be interacting with the project teams and laboratory personnel in the plants, particularly the engineering or maintenance manager, chemical supplier, pest manager, and so on! Teamwork makes the dream work right?
- Attention to Detail – In this role, there is lots of exposure to a variety of food ingredients, and operation of certain process equipment may be necessary.
- Adaptability – Being adaptable to the ever-changing needs of operations and sanitation activities is extremely important and will help you succeed through the summer!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Students majoring in (included but not limited to) Food Science, Food Safety, Chemistry, Microbiology, Agricultural/Mechanical/Chemical/Biological & Food Process Engineering, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Previous engineering/plant experience
- Master’s or PhD students with similar backgrounds
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Potential work locations include:
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Memphis, Tennessee
As part of the Kellogg Internship program, you will participate in a corporate onboarding orientation at our Kellogg World Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan (Cereal City, USA!). This event consists of executive exposure, previous intern panels, networking events, community activities, and much more.
This paid internship requires a 12-week, full-time commitment starting May 2022. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided. The internship requires a 3-month commitment (May 9th – July 29th). The summer concludes with a Final Showcase event and presentation to functional leaders.
What’s not to love? Apply today and find out what it’s like to #InternAtK!