Intern Research & Development at Lonza – Apply Online
Intern Research & Development at Lonza – Apply Online. Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Intern, Research & Development
Job ID: R34894
Location: US – Bend, OR
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for a paid internship with the Biomanufacturing R&D team at our location in Bend, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a challenging, dynamic, and cross-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers who focus on improving the manufacturing of biologics medicines. The position will be a 6-9 month term, with a full time commitment preferred, but part time commitment considered. The start date is as soon as possible and the shift is day time (8:00-5:00) with flexibility to work with your class schedule.
Skills acquired through this position include mammalian cell culture fundamentals and how to work in an industrial laboratory environment. You will also learn to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, chemists and biologists.
- Daily operations of lab scale bioreactors
- Building, setup and maintenance of bioreactors
- Making precise media solutions for bioreactor experiments
- Restocking, cleaning, and tracking inventories
- Keeping the lab running as efficiently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and precise lab records for data analysis and traceability
- Planning and executing an individual project to be presented to the team at the end of the internship
- Currently studying biology, chemistry, engineering, or a related life science with at least 60 credit hours (Junior standing) completed and a 3.0 GPA
- Enthusiastic about the biopharmaceutical industry and learning about industry technology
- Interest in taking ownership of project aspects
- Displays good problem solving skills
- Exhibits time management skills