Internship – Microbiology Validation @ NEOGEN – Apply Online
Neogen is looking for a summer intern who wants to get hands on experience in a fast-paced laboratory setting focusing on Microbiology Food Safety research. In this role, you will work alongside R&D Scientists and industry experts to test and validate Neogen’s Microbiology product lines.
Job Title: Internship – Microbiology Validation
Location: Lansing, MI
- Course work in Microbiology and Biological Sciences, along with associated lab courses
- Understanding of aseptic laboratory techniques
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate good communication and team-working capabilities
- Enrolled at an accredited university for year 2023
- Junior or Senior status in science related field
- ≥ 3.0 GPA
- Available for 12 weeks
- Develop laboratory techniques including culture media preparation, cultivation, plating methods, and confirmation techniques for the enumeration of microorganisms.
- Train on all Neogen’s Microbiology product lines.
- Soleris, ANSR (PCR), Ampoule filtration, MPN for Coliforms, Veratox (ELISA), Reveal (Lateral Flow), etc.
- Learn about the detection of pathogens and food spoilage organisms in the industry.
- Independent project focusing on Neogen’s microbiology product line to be put into Validation Book
From farm to fork, we offer solutions to enhance the quality, quantity and safety of the global food supply. Our food safety diagnostics are used within farming operations to the production facilities of most of the world’s best-known food companies. Neogen’s solutions are critical to the health and well-being of our customers’ operations – and in turn their consumers. What we do matters!
Internship – Microbiology Validation