Johns Hopkins University Recruitment – Biology Research Technologist
The Department of Biological Chemistry is seeking a Research Technologist to work on mechanisms of signal transduction during the adaptive immune response, which are dysregulated in human lymphoma. Will follow protocols to perform biological assays and experiments under the supervision of the faculty investigator. There is the potential for an independent project for a motivated and hardworking research technologist.
Starting Salary Range: $14.14-$19.44/Hour; Commensurate with experience
Employee Group: Full Time
Location: School of Medicine, East Baltimore Campus
Department Name: Biological Chemistry ICE
Personnel Area: School of Medicine
Job Title: Research Technologist
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology, chemistry or related field.
- Six months related experience.
- Some related post-undergraduate work experience preferred.
- Previous research experience in cell culture, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, and/or immunology would be helpful but is not a necessity.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Self-motivated and actively seeking to learn skills, expertise, and knowledge.
Sitting, standing, and walking for an extended period. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s). Ability to move standard equipment through a hospital or laboratory environment.
- Perform experiments by following protocols or with instructions.
- Use basic science knowledge to learn techniques and methods, gain problem-solving skills through progressive training, understanding of the research, and presenting routinely in group meetings.
- Under close supervision of the faculty investigator, the candidate is responsible for, but not limited to conducting a variety of experiments including cell culture, molecular biology, biochemistry, microscopy, and CRISPR genome editing.
- Sustain an orderly laboratory workspace, maintain reagent stocks and lab supplies.
- Maintain and monitor transgenic mouse lines by genotyping and colony management.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins University Recruitment