Labcorp DNA Identification Intern Recruitment, Apply Online
Labcorp DNA Identification Intern Recruitment, Apply Online. At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all.
DNA Identification Intern
Job locations: Burlington, North Carolina, United States
Job ID: 77954
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2022 Global Internship Program! We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare and Business disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry. In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Labcorp Diagnostic Research and Development Department supports multiple testing divisions across the Labcorp enterprise. This internship will work with the team located in Burlington North Carolina that supports the DNA Identification testing division which provides Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Bone Marrow Transplantation services. Support includes development and operational implementation of Sanger, Next Generation Sequencing, and antibody assays used in either Bone Marrow donation registry submission, donor/recipient pre-transplantation workup, and recipient post-transplant monitoring.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Learn about clinical testing and processes behind testing development
- Learn techniques behind Next Generation Sequencing
- Development lead for a genetic transplant assay
- Maintain clear, thorough, and accurate experiment notes (or lab notebook)
- Master excel for complex biological data analysis
- Rising Junior or Senior in college, working towards bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or related field
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things
- Hands-on experience in cell or molecular biology based laboratory classes
- Interest in the clinical testing or molecular research fields
- Knowledge or experience with Next Generation Sequencing technologies a plus