Labcorp Internship: Immunology and Immunotoxicology, Apply Online
Labcorp Internship: Immunology and Immunotoxicology, Apply Online. At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all.
Internship: Immunology and Immunotoxicology
Job locations: Somerset, New Jersey, United States & Greenfield, Indiana, United States
Job ID: 73647
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2022 Global Internship Program with the Immunology and Immunotoxicology group in Greenfield, Indiana or Somerset, New Jersey!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that complement an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, which are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Global Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) department, provides support to Clinical, Safety Assessment (SA), and standalone studies over a wide range of Immunology and Immunotoxicology platforms, supporting enhanced solutions-based approaches to Clients requests. I&I focuses on running a variety of studies to determine if a test article in question could affect the immune system. To do this, they test using several methods including Flow Cytometry, Enzyme Immunoassays and an array of specific cell-based assays (i.e. Natural Killer Cell assay) across a multitude of instrument platforms.
Internship Assignment Summary:
What to Expect:
- Responsibilities include participating in all procedures in the operational areas of I&I
- Support duties with assays, metrology, and general lab obligations
- Assist the Senior Scientist with the running of major specialist functions and projects within the department.
- Support the management and scientists and in key aspects of internal training and development activities for selected other I&I Scientists.
- Working towards a Bachelor of Science/ Arts degree in Chemistry, Biology, Immunology, Toxicology, or another related field
- Exposure to flow cytometry, ELISAs and/or tissue culture is desirable.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team setting
- Strong ability to integrate, analyze, and interpret results