Laboratory Technician Job Openings – Jobs in CAMRIS International
CAMRIS International is a dynamic clinical research and international development firm that achieves innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices. Our core practice areas include: clinical research; vaccine research, microbiology and infectious disease research, development and production; biodefense; global health security; and HIV/AIDS programs. Our employees enjoy a diverse, collegial environment where individual contributions matter at all levels. At CAMRIS, you will notably improve the lives of people at home and abroad.
Job Position: Laboratory Technician
Job Locations: US-MD-Bethesda
Laboratory Technician Job Openings – Jobs in CAMRIS International. They are seeking a Laboratory Technician to support the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in Bethesda, MD. Our NIAID professional, technical, and scientific support personnel are part of a team focused on positively impacting millions of lives around the world. Candidates will work at a diverse and vibrant NIAID worksite to directly support ongoing research activities as a contractor team member. Take the next big step in your career and apply below to help us make a difference.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include, but are not limited to cell culture, DNA analysis, DNA isolation, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, flow cytometry, molecular cloning, western blotting, genotyping, maxiprep, and making competent cells.
- Assist with performing fiscal gradients on blood samples, immunotyping, gDNA isolation, DNA prep, QC, and plate preparation for sequencing.
- Maintain comprehensive and systematic records of research data and DNA pipeline for sequencing.
- Maintain regular communication with research nurses regarding sample readiness, need for replacement samples, etc.
- Maintain and organize inventory of human samples using the Biological Specimen Inventory System (BSI).
- Assist other lab staff on BSI and verify that lab staff enter samples correctly and in real time.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, including stating methods and procedures, any modifications to employed specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Assist with preparing experimental data for publication and reports.
- Assist with analysis, evaluate, and discuss the results of each experiment with other staff as part of the planning process for subsequent studies, and communicate results and findings with the Federal Task Leader as well as lab group meetings.
- Assist lab manager with maintaining laboratory inventory and ordering supplies, as needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly lab meetings and relevant sub-group meetings.
- Practice professional and confidential communication methods when interacting with outside collaborators.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, life sciences, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience performing the duties listed above in a laboratory setting.
- Candidate must be able to work with other staff members in a collegial, open, respectful, and interactive manner.
- Experience with flow cytometry, genotyping, handling infectious microbes, molecular biology techniques, and maintaining tissue culture cell lines.