Latest BS Bioinformatics Jobs!
Are you an expert in human genetics and genome biology? Are you passionate about sharing your work with the scientific community? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Join our dynamic team at the Utah Public Health Laboratory (UPHL), part of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will play a vital role in managing and analyzing genomic and molecular data, developing innovative approaches to software challenges, and collaborating with top-notch professionals in the field. Make a difference from day one and apply now!
Job Title: Newborn Screening Bioinformatics Scientist
Department Hiring: UPHL, DHHS
Salary: $31.71 – $50.97 Hourly
Location: Salt Lake County, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 38392
Number of Opening: 01
Primary Duties: Latest BS Bioinformatics Jobs
- Analyze, summarize, and review data, report findings, and make recommendations.
- Develop strong internal and external partnerships.
- Coordinate and implement plans and policies to meet laboratory objectives.
- Provide laboratory consultation in specialized areas.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on committees and advisory groups.
- Monitor and evaluate electronic operations for quality and effectiveness.
- Coordinate the work of other testers and developers.
Requirements: Latest BS Bioinformatics Jobs
- Deep domain expertise in human genetics and genome biology.
- Experience analyzing NGS data sets.
- Knowledge of variant interpretation and databases.
- Familiarity with variant reporting in clinical laboratories and workflows.
- Proficiency in cloud-based and containerized workflows.
- Ability to prepare written reports and present findings to the scientific community.
- Strong programming skills in Python or similar languages.
- Latest BS Bioinformatics Jobs.
Note : Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Informatics, or a related field, or those with equivalent work experience.