Mars Food Science Product Development Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health, and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™, and Pet Partners™.
Job Title: Product Development Scientist
Location – Nashville, TN
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Food Science or Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in research and development; 3 years preferred.
- Strong knowledge of product development from benchtop to full-scale production.
- Prior experience must include statistical analysis and design of experiments, as well as
- knowledge of food ingredients’ functionality.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and capability to lead cross-functional projects.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Lead the translation of consumer insights into holistic concepts (product).
- Use appropriate tools to facilitate concept and prototype evaluation (creation and presentation).
- Create and align product design briefs with the cross-functional project teams.
- Specify product design attributes and quality targets.
- Own product development within projects.
- Support Process and Packaging Development Teams.
- Follow corporate labeling and claim policy.
- Lead agreed on productivity (Do it Best) projects and initiatives.
- Support continuous improvement projects driven by Dry factories.
- Support business continuity contingencies that would require product development input.
- Contribute product design expertise to unit, regional, and global communities for the pet food segment.
- Mentor and coach more junior R&D associates.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry-competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Ensure the on-shelf competitiveness of the Mars Petcare North American dry products portfolio through the delivery of innovation and productivity (Do it Best) pipelines.
Mars Food Science Product