McCain Senior Food Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
McCain is an accessible employer. Food Science job opening 2021. Graduate and postgraduate candidates are invited for the post of food scientist. Food Scientist job opening 2021. McCain announces job openings for food science candidates. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Senior Food Scientist
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Othello
Requisition ID: 7161
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated successful experience in food product development or food science
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Food Science or related field
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational skills with an aptitude for creativity, innovation, and the ability to resolve challenges.
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, dealing with both internal and external customers, including cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and manage timelines
- Project management skills and experience completing projects in tight timelines using good experimental design techniques and practices.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of food plant, process and equipment
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, Food Safety, Product Development Cycle
- Knowledge of food preparation, consumer product testing, sensory testing and manufacturing operations procedures.
- Sound knowledge of food ingredients, and the interaction with processing and packaging.
- Working knowledge of general mathematics and scientific weights and measures.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and utilize statistical techniques to analyze and present data
Working within the North American product development team, the Senior Food Scientist is an experienced professional who provides technical leadership and experience to multiple global and regional projects with an emphasis on new product development and product/process improvements. The individual in this role will contribute to the delivery of business objectives and will serve as a technical mentor and resource to colleagues and management.
- Partner with Marketing, Marketing Research, Quality Assurance, Sensory, Manufacturing, and other Scientists to identify opportunities to drive business growth.
- Manage multiple product development projects from conception to commercialization
- Translate project objectives into experimental design and provide experimental/project conclusions, summaries and recommendations
- Develop and implement all product documents, specifications and related technical costing information
- Develop and complete project timelines
- Coordinate and oversee plant scale tests
- Communicate plant scale test objectives, special needs, accept/reject criteria to plant representatives and assure the objectives of the test are met
- Assist in process optimization projects and problem resolution with Technical Services, Operations, Engineering, QA and other departments as assigned
- Evaluate and adjust product and manufacturing cost parameters to meet operational and sales objectives
- Complete all documentation required for product development both legal and project based
- Act as a technical mentor, training junior scientists on technical procedures and processes
Suppliers and Customers:
- Interface with customers, suppliers and co-packers, as required, to meet Department and Company objectives:
- Lead assigned projects at co-packers
- Realize customer needs by developing new concepts or product improvement opportunities, prototypes and products
- Coordinate raw material sourcing, evaluation and improvement activities with suppliers
- Assist Sales and Marketing in developing and delivering effective customer presentations and training
McCain Senior Food Scientist