McCormick & Company R&D Intern Summer Intern 2022 Recruitment
McCormick is a global leader in flavor. With our diverse and balanced flavor portfolio, we are ideally positioned to meet the increasing demand for flavor around the world. McCormick & Company R&D Intern Summer Intern 2022 Recruitment
R&D Intern – Summer 2022
HUNT VALLEY, MD, US, 21031
Our 10 week Summer Internship Program in Hunt Valley, MD allows college students to get a glimpse into what it’s like to be a part of the McCormick family – rich in flavor, culture, and employee empowerment.
During your time as an Intern you will sharpen your leadership skills, work on real-world challenges, and collaborate with the best leaders in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to network with executives, participate in social events with other interns, and give back to the community. We are looking for the next generation of problem solvers to drive change within McCormick. Are you up for the challenge?
PLEASE NOTE : Candidates who require visa sponsorship for employment now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
- Assist with daily ingredient and product assessment including sample documentation, assessment preparation, data acquisition & analysis and written reporting.
- Conduct an independent research project in an area of agreed upon mutual interest – proposal, execution and written and oral presentation at conclusion of internship.
- Work directly with internal product and process development teams providing hands-on assistance and project guidance.
- Collaborate with other scientists and technologists to deliver ad hoc project results in a timely manner.
- Enrollment as an undergraduate college Sophomore, Junior, Senior or graduate student in a relevant program for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Enrollment as a Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Nutrition Science or other central science major for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Grade point average overall minimum of 3.0
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Interest in product / process development, food manufacturing and sensory science
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Prior exposure to and/or familiarity with food science and processing concepts