Merck Biological Science Research Associate Vacancy – Apply Online
Merck is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Research & Development Division Discovery Biology group. This is an exciting opportunity to help establish in vitro and in vivo models to investigate novel targets and understand molecular mechanisms of disease and pathology focusing on vascular biology.
Merck is a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Job Title: Research Associate– Discovery Biology
Location South San Francisco, California, United States Of America
The individual will work with other team members to design, execute analyze, present experiments in the laboratory and provide scientific and technical input into the target portfolio. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate motivation to learn, increasing technical expertise and independence, ability to multi-task and execute with limited supervision, and a team-oriented mentality.
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, or related discipline
- 1-2+ years of relevant lab experience (2+ years required for Associate level)
- Hands-on experience with gene expression or protein assays
- Familiarity with in vivo models and techniques
- Understanding of data analysis tools
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present work in a formal setting
- Self-motivated, highly organized, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and able to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
Merck Biological Science Research