Microbac Summer Internship – Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Microbac Summer Internship – Microbiology Laboratory Technician. Microbac serves our clients with the utmost expertise and respect for their market requirements, constraints and challenges. We embody a company-wide commitment to exceptional customer experience, which has been refined over nearly 50 years of trusted, analytical and measurement experience.
Summer Internship – Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Tracking Code: 1380-899
Come join our family! Microbac Laboratories is an essential business offering competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability paid vacation, holidays and flextime, a wellness program, referral bonus, tuition reimbursement and more!
Whether you are just starting your career in science or looking to further it, Microbac will put you on the path of an exciting career with room to grow. We have also implemented extensive safety protocols at every location to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our employees.
The Microbiology Intern, working in an accredited commercial laboratory in Pittston, PA, is responsible for performing various laboratory functions such as analyzing samples, preparing media and/or samples of a variety of sample types for analysis, performing routine laboratory maintenance efforts, and is responsible for basic set up and operation of laboratory instrumentation and equipment to support exceptional Customer Experience (CX).
- Following established SOP’s, Laboratory Technicians ensure customer satisfaction by supporting laboratory staff through executing various entry level laboratory duties, resulting in the timely and accurate reporting of data
- Gather appropriate materials needed to prepare and analyze test samples
- Sample receipt, login, storage and disposal
- Sample analysis
- Prepare necessary standards, solutions, media, etc., that are required for sample analyses
- Perform basic equipment and instrumentation set up and operation
- Execute routine laboratory maintenance efforts, such as glassware cleaning and sterilization, and ensuring the laboratory is well maintained
- Accurately record observations and data
- Maintain accurate, up to date logs, notebooks and equipment records
- Perform necessary laboratory administrative functions such as filing paperwork, photocopying, reviewing of data, and entering data into computerized LIMS
- Comply with and promote Personnel, Safety, and Quality Program
- Other duties as assigned
- Two semesters of college level science credits; or one-year related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to work with small vials, test tubes and delicate laboratory equipment
- Ability to apply basic algebraic concepts to perform basic laboratory calculations and accurately measure substances, liquids and/or solutions
- Ability to read and apply established protocols and SOP’s to daily objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular