Moderna Intern, Biostatistics and Statistical Programming
Moderna Intern, Biostatistics and Statistical Programming. At Moderna we are pioneering the development of a new class of drugs made of messenger RNA (mRNA). This novel drug platform builds on the discovery that modified mRNA can direct the body’s cellular machinery to produce nearly any protein of interest, from native proteins to antibodies and other entirely novel protein constructs that can have therapeutic activity inside and outside of cells.
Intern, Biostatistics and Statistical Programming
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Req ID: R3789
Division: Clinical Development
This position will work in the Biostatistics and Statistical Programming Department and be involved with assisting in the clinical trial design and data analyses to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA clinical development pipeline. Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or related majors are encouraged to apply.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Provide input to clinical development plan strategies including study population, enrollment, and quantification of target product profiles, etc.
- Support clinical trial designs on selection of endpoints, sample size estimation, and analysis datasets
- Develop statistical analysis plans and decide on suit-for-purpose statistical methodologies, models, and sensitivity assessment methods
- Analyze clinical trial data including integrated analysis across clinical studies, and meta-analysis based on literature data to assess efficacy / safety of vaccines
- Provide support for safety data analysis across portfolio and data integration
- Provide input in interaction with regulatory agencies regarding clinical trial design and data analyses.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Currently Enrolled in a graduate study program (Master or Doctoral programs)
- Previous experience in biotech and / or pharmaceutical R&D preferred.
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent.
Here’s What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses