Molson Coors’ Barley R&D Intern Recruitment Online Application Process
Molson Coors’ Barley R&D Intern Recruitment Online Application Process. Our purpose at the Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers – we believe in our brands and our people; we believe that an inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate people who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities.
Barley Research and Development Intern
Date: Dec 18, 2021
Location: Burley, ID, US
Requisition ID: 19043
As a Barley Research and Development Intern you will be part of our Early Talent Program. Our Early Talent Program is Molson Coors’ undergraduate summer internship program, where students are exposed to the beverage industry, engaged in real-world problem-solving, and immersed in social and educational opportunities with other interns. The internship is full-time, beginning in June through August. Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements. Interns who successfully complete the Early Talent Program are eligible for full-time positions within Molson Coors Beverage Company, upon graduation.
Your primary role is to provide direct support to the execution of the malting barley development strategy and to assist with projects that help develop superior proprietary malting barley varieties that secure a cost effective and sustainable barley to malt to beer supply chain for Molson Coors. The Intern’s role supports the barley development program by conducting trial evaluations and analysis that lead to solutions in plant disease management. The work and results conducted by the intern lead directly to the development of superior malting barley varieties by conducting cutting edge science in plant pathology.
- Evaluates disease incidence and severity in barley small plot trials in Burley, Idaho
- Regularly rates plots for leaf diseases and collates data throughout the production season to determine susceptibility, resistance and or tolerance to barley diseases throughout the growing season in an irrigated production setting
- Collects leaf tissue samples across a number of barley small plot trials and varieties and packages and ships samples for lab analysis for identification of diseases
- Successfully works in and around plots where destructive samples may be only collected from pre-identified plots
- Collates phenotypic and or genotypic data of diseases and presents data in a final report
The Other Qualifications:
- You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in brewing, food science, science (chemistry, biology, microbiology), or chemical engineering
- Works collaboratively in a team environment, sometimes in inclement weather
- Demonstrates flexibility in work hours in order to collect field data around an optimum irrigation schedule
- Prioritizes completion of all Molson Coors Internship requirements and meets all deadlines
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We care about our People and Planet and have challenged ourselves with stretch goals around our key priorities
- We care about our communities, and play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks, giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences