Nature’s Way Intern – Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS)
Nature’s Way Intern – Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS). Healthy Starts Inside. Healthy starts inside, which is where the power of Nature’s Way begins. We’re here to meet you wherever you are on your wellness journey with more than 50 years of caring, unrivalled quality, and a broad range of products made for your unique needs.
Intern – Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS)
Job Category: ADMIN SUPPORT
Requisition Number: INTER02155
Posted: June 2, 2021
Locations: Green Bay, WI, USA
This position is responsible for assisting the Environmental and Health Services EHS department in varies administrative activities and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials, cleaning chemicals, etc.;
- Obtain the most current SDS for each material by contacting suppliers, utilizing MSDS Online, and collaborating with internal departments.
- Assist in conducting an exposure assessment and determine PPE requirements and any environmental hazards.
- Assist with developing, conducting, and logging safety training, including new hire orientation.
- Review and log BBS observations, and conduct facility safety inspections.
- Attend Safety Committee meetings and assist with associated projects.
- Assist with conducting and assessing industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Additional projects will be assigned, based on the intern’s experience and studies.
- Prefer candidate have Chemistry, Biology, Environmental, Safety or other Science education and experience.
- Develop knowledge of the ONLINE MSDS system
- Ensure all SDS are inputting into the ONLINE MSDS system.
- Key in critical information in regards to PPE requirements, hazardous ingredient, labelling requirements, environmental hazards, and GHI classifications codes, etc.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College Student progress towards a Chemistry, Biology, and Environmental, Safety or other Science degrees from a 4-year school. Individual must be currently attending school.
Ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently