Nature’s Way Lab Intern – Food Science & Biology Apply
Nature’s Way Lab Intern – Food Science & Biology Apply. Healthy Starts Inside. Healthy starts inside, which is where the power of Nature’s Way begins. We’re here to meet you wherever you are on your wellness journey with more than 50 years of caring, unrivalled quality, and a broad range of products made for your unique needs.
Job Category: QUALITY CONTROL
Requisition Number: LABIN02071
Posted: March 6, 2021
Locations: Green Bay, WI, USA
Perform organoleptic (sensory) examinations and physical testing to determine the quality of raw materials, packaging components, and finished products. Assist and support QC Chemist group in testing above mentioned samples for chemical identification and potency. This testing is done to show compliance with specifications and for overall customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform sensory and defect evaluation of raw materials, packaging components, and products.
- Perform product and material evaluations for odor and flavor profiles of drink mixes, syrups and chewable tablets.
- Analyze materials for physical characteristics such as hardness, disintegration, weight, viscosity, moisture, and density.
- Assist in performing chemical testing using various analytical instruments including UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, and HPLC.
- Perform wet chemistry tests such as colorimetric identification and titrations as well as pH and conductivity.
- Report final test results in the computerized Information Management System (SAP Quality Module).
- Test materials to verify conformance to specifications.
- Prepare solutions using laboratory chemicals and solvents.
- Perform tasks according to the SOP’s.
- Interact with lab personnel and the quality assurance department for material issues and unusual findings.
- Review coworker’s documentation for compliance with SOP’s and written specifications.
- Maintain neat, accurate, and complete records in laboratory notebooks and other forms of documentation – such that they are defendable through an FDA audit.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail in documentation and observations of materials.
- Perform other lab-related duties or tests as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Successful candidate will be currently enrolled in a University or Technical College Chemistry, Food Science, Biology or related program. Looking for a candidate who will be able to work part-time during the school year and full-time during summer break(s).