Nesco Hiring Biology QC Specialist Job – Apply Online
Formulates Bulk Fluid Reagents and/ or performs necessary Quality Control (QC) tests following approved manufacturing procedures and good laboratory practices. May work with a respirator if assigned to the Large Bottle Unit.
Job Title: Formulation/QC Specialist Associates- 1st Shift
Up to $20.00 • LIGHT INDUSTRIAL
Branch: Tucson AZ
Job ID: 23-04899
The Formulation/QC Specialist Associate is first in a series of three jobs. The employee follows approved procedures to perform bulk solution formulation, quality control test activities and maintaining accurate records and documentation.
- Formulates bulk solutions.
- Performs incoming, in-process and final release QC testing.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Conducts environmental monitoring of work areas.
- Maintains work space and associated equipment with the lab.
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
Education Level: H.S. Diploma or GED – Required
Education Level: Associate’s Degree, with coursework in Biology/ Chemistry/ Mathematics or equivalent or Biotech certification program – Preferred
Certification: May be required to pass respirator exam if assigned to the large bottle unit – Required
Years of Experience: 2 years relevant experience with High School/GED – Required
Years of Experience: Less than 1 year for Entry level with Associates Degree or Biotech certification program – Required
- Experience in a regulated industry – Preferred
- Experience in GDP/ GMP Preferred – Preferred
- Experience working in an environment where respirators are required helpful – Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic and some specialized laboratory techniques and QC testing.
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures and good laboratory practices.
- Possesses teamwork, documentation, and quality orientation skills and works with direction and guidance from supervisor/ senior team members.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to utilize smart forms, mouse, keyboard, and other data entry devices.
- Ability to utilize electronic office suite of computer programs (i.e. Email, electronic calendar, file download, save to network drive).
- Ability to function with a respirator.
Nesco Hiring Biology QC