Nestlé Biology & Microbiology Quality Technician Job Vacancy
Nestlé in the United States, part of Nestlé S.A., is committed to enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future – for individuals and families, for our thriving and resilient communities, and for the planet. We are transforming our product portfolio – from pet care, premium water, frozen meals, and infant nutrition – to meet changing consumer needs by focusing on high-growth food, beverage and consumer categories.
Job Title: Quality Technician
• High School diploma or equivalent required; undergraduate degree in closely related science preferred (i.e. Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, et al.)
• Relevant academic coursework or 1 year practical relevant experience in an analytical laboratory preferred.
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• English Language Skills (Basic reading, writing, speaking, etc.)
• Contributes to a team environment and builds effective relationships.
• Emerging level initiative, results focus, and follow through.
This position performs and documents routine tasks related to sample processing and assays using written operating procedures, standard laboratory methods, and/or basic laboratory techniques, functions and equipment. The position conducts specific procedures and tests within the laboratory requiring the use of applied knowledge and practical skills learned from on-the-job experience; modifying or adapt techniques to fit special needs or problems; calculating data from routine tests to final results and evaluating such results for accuracy where expected findings are not precisely defined, but sufficient guidelines exist for reference; to assist with and occasionally perform specialized and non-routine tests and assays, and to maintain records of such work; to coordinate and plan assigned work with other technicians and scientists.
*Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday
Provide support to laboratory department by performing and/or coordinating a variety of Laboratory processes:
• Registers and prepares samples for general analytical testing through data entry, weighing and physical homogenization.
• Preps and performs routine to more complex analyses per NQAC methods.
• Reads and records results of analyses, making sure to keep identification numbers matched with correct samples.
• Operates basic laboratory equipment such as balances, pH meter, autoclave, etc.
• Prepares (and assures accuracy of) standards, reagents, etc., needed for analyses.
• Functions as a primary data generator, records and calculates data.
• Performs routine lab and department maintenance to keep the area clean and orderly.
• Conducts preliminary interpretations of data or observations and drafts short reports to a supervisor.
Provide assurance of quality and support of quality processes for the Laboratory/Center:
• Assure quality of results by assisting with the establishment and maintenance of QA documents, plans and ICPs.
• Document QA data and report to lead or manage.
• Assure equipment is maintained in reliable working order and make repairs or modifications within the capability of the Technician or request repairs.
• Identify and resolve process problems.
• Participate/lead in Lean Laboratory initiatives.
• Assist in write-up, review, and provide proper documentation for processes or methods as experience allows.
Nestlé Biology & Microbiology