Nestle Microbiology Quality Technician Vacancy – Apply Online
If you’re motivated by meaningful work that directly contributes to the wellbeing of your community, the Nestlé Quality Assurance Center can offer you an unparalleled career. Our team is committed to being a force of good, protecting the safety and wellbeing of consumers across the nation. We provide comprehensive testing services to all of Nestlé’s production facilities and co-manufacturers, ensuring that our food and beverage products meet the highest safety, quality, and regulatory standards. As an organization, we’re driven by our mission to strengthen consumer trust, and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm.
Job Title: Quality Technician
• High School diploma or equivalent required; undergraduate degree in closely related science preferred (i.e. Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, et al.)
• Relevant academic coursework or 1 year practical relevant experience in an analytical laboratory preferred.
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• English Language Skills (Basic reading, writing, speaking, etc.)
• Contributes to a team environment and builds effective relationships.
• Emerging level initiative, results focus, and follow through.
This position performs and documents routine tasks related to sample processing and assays using written operating procedures, standard laboratory methods, and/or basic laboratory techniques, functions and equipment. The position conducts specific procedures and tests within the laboratory requiring the use of applied knowledge and practical skills learned from on-the-job experience; modify or adapt techniques to fit special needs or problems; to calculate data from routine tests to final results and to evaluate such results for accuracy where expected findings are not precisely defined, but sufficient guidelines exist for reference; to assist with and occasionally perform specialized and non-routine tests and assays, and to maintain records of such work; to coordinate and plan assigned work with other technicians and scientists.
Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday
Provide support to laboratory department by performing and/or coordinating a variety of Laboratory processes:
• Registers and prepares samples for general analytical testing through data entry, weighing and physical homogenization.
• Preps and performs routine to more complex analyses per NQAC methods.
• Reads and records results of analyses, making sure to keep identification numbers matched with correct samples.
• Operates basic laboratory equipment such as balances, pH meter, autoclave, etc.
• Prepares (and assures accuracy of) standards, reagents, etc. needed for analyses.
• Functions as primary data generator, records and calculates data.
• Performs routine lab and department maintenance to keep area clean and orderly.
• Conducts preliminary interpretations of data or observations, and drafts short reports to supervisor.
Provide assurance of quality and support of quality processes for the Laboratory/Center:
• Assure quality of results by assisting with establishment and maintenance of QA documents, plans and ICPs.
• Document QA data and report to lead or management.
• Assure equipment is maintained in reliable working order and make repairs or modifications within the capability of the Technician or request repairs.
• Identify and resolve process problems.
• Participate/lead in Lean Laboratory initiatives.
• Assist in write-up, review, and provide proper documentation for processes or methods as experience allows.
Nestle Microbiology Quality Technician