Nestle Purina Product Development Specialist Vacancy – Apply Online
Nestle Purina is a leader in the pet care industry, which means we’re not only ahead in volume, profit and market share, we’re at the forefront of innovative product development. Creating food for cats and dogs that heals joint pain and enhances cognitive function is a small ‘taste’ of what the faces behind our formulas are working on every day.
Their Product Specialists bring ideas to life for both our wet and dry factories. As part of the Technical Services group, you will create the flavors, shapes, and textures often innovated in marketing and so enjoyed by pets. In this role, you will work specifically on our Treats team and you’ll handle various intermediate-term products, engineering processes, and packaging solutions for the business, as well as provide technical support to manufacturing operations. You’ll leverage your sharp science background and food formulation experience to be able to effectively qualify new raw materials and suppliers. You will manage product formulas using the Nestle PURINA formulations system with appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory and analytical requirements. You’ll identify and lead performance, waste reduction, and quality improvement projects to help us remain a leader on the shelf.
Job Title: Product Development Specialist (Treats)
Req ID 140666
Bachelor’s degree in Meat/Food/Bakery/Grain Science or related scientific discipline and 1+ years of product development (food), formulation and scale-up experience
OR MS/Ph.D. in Meat/Food/Bakery/Grain Science or a scientific discipline
- Manage the development, scale-up and implementation of new and existing technologies to improve the performance of existing products and develop new products
- Explore innovative application of pet food product/process possibilities based on current state-of-art in the area of food technology
- Serve as a technical resource for marketing to develop a robust pipeline of product development opportunities, which includes developing technical project plans and timelines for all assigned projects
- Support product formulation including appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory and analytical requirements
- Act as ingredient lead for all assigned ingredients/raw material including qualification of new raw materials and suppliers
- Proactively monitor and provide product maintenance for assigned product responsibilities requiring standardized scientific procedures
- Initiate and implement cost reduction ideas for assigned product lines and factories
Nestle Purina Product Development