Novartis NGS Research Scientist job – Biotechnology/Biological Science
We are seeking a highly motivated bench scientist to join our multidisciplinary Genomics group. We will provide the opportunity to learn and apply innovative NGS technologies including RNAseq, single-cell RNAseq, and spatial transcriptomics. This hands-on role offers an opportunity to learn and work closely with bench and data scientists within and outside the group and to design and implement projects in various disease areas.
Job Id: 362052BR
Job Title: NGS Research Scientist, BS/MS
Work Location Cambridge, MA
1 purpose: To drive drug discovery with advanced genomics.
The Genomics Group, within the Novartis Chemical Biology and Therapeutics platform, applies state of the art genomic technology solutions to the discovery of novel drug targets, the identification of new therapeutic modalities and characterization of their mode of action. Further, we continuously strive to identify, evaluate, and develop new genomic technologies and apply them to constantly evolving disease target and drug discovery programs.
Minimum requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- B.S. or M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field. 2+ years of directly relevant laboratory experience is desired.
- Understanding and hands-on experience of NGS technologies, including DNA/RNA extraction, sample QC with Tapestation/Bioanalyzer, and library preparation
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Diligent, self-motivated, and scientifically driven with proficient reasoning skills in experimental design and data interpretation
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
- Experience with single cell RNAseq and/or Spatial Transcriptions
- Experience with sequencing on Illumina platform
- Histology experience, including tissue sectioning and staining
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn to independently run, optimize, and troubleshoot various NGS workflows such as Amplicon-seq, RNA-seq, single cell RNAseq and Spatial Transcriptomics.
- Innovate, evaluate, and implement custom NGS methods tailored to specific drug discovery projects
- Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary teams of genomics scientists and computational biologists to apply genomic technologies to further drug discovery efforts
- QC and interpret data, troubleshoot, and communicate effectively with other members of a project team
- Present data at group meetings, contribute to publications and internal reports4
- Take ownership of laboratory operations responsibilities like maintenance of specific instruments or supplies
Novartis NGS Research Scientist