Novo Nordisk Internship Opportunity – Applications Invited
Novo Nordisk Internship Opportunity – Applications Invited. Early Talent Internship at Novo Nordisk. Novo Nordisk Internship. Molecular Biology & Biochemistry Novo Nordisk Internship. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Early Talent Internship
Facility: General Management and Administration
Location: Seattle, WA, US
About the Department:
In Discovery Biologics we apply our engineering expertise in designing, producing and characterizing biological macromolecules for discovery research. We stay involved from the first experiment, through biological proof of concept until projects are transferred to later-stage development. As such, we take pride in being biology focused and modality agnostic, utilizing a broad range of technical approaches and competences to achieve our goals. This means that we are a multi-disciplinary team working together on cells, proteins, peptides, antibodies, viral particles, and polynucleotides. In other words, never a dull moment!
Scope of the Position:
The summer internship for Protein Engineering in Discovery Biologics is an opportunity to design, produce and characterize biological macromolecules for discovery research. We are a multi-disciplinary team working together on cells, proteins, peptides, antibodies, viral particles, and polynucleotides, supporting the discovery of bio-therapeutics through our engineering expertise. We stay involved from the first experiment, through biological proof of concept until projects are transferred to later-stage development. This position will look for an enthusiastic candidate, contributing by performing experiments and providing technical support to the scientists in the field of molecular biology and protein expression. This position will help drive not only high-impact research projects in our therapy areas, but also refine technological platforms such as higher-throughput cloning/expression and display systems.
- Throughout the duration of the internship program, you must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s or graduate degree (Masters or PhD) with 3 years of relevant experience
Relevant experience includes:
- Engineering of novel proteins and their applications to drug discovery and development
Using techniques in molecular biology, biochemistry to understand and solve key challenges in the engineering of proteins.
- Familiar with various cloning methods, e.g. Ligation Independent Cloning, Gibson assembly, Golden Gate cloning etc.
- Experience with yeast strain construction and flow cytometry-based assay is the desire.
- Experience with recombinant protein production is desired
- Experience with library and display technologies (such as yeast surface display and next-generation sequencing) is a plus
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers
How to Apply:
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.