Ocean Spray Sensory Intern Recruitment, Online Application Process
Ocean Spray Sensory Intern Recruitment, Online Application Process. Ocean Spray is looking for a creative, collaborative, detail-oriented and results-driven Food Quality and Safety Technician Intern to work with the Fresh Fruit team to ensure that all food quality standards are met, with no exceptions, at our Middleboro, MA production facility.
Location: Lakeville, MA
Job ID: R1541
Who We are Looking For:
Are you a food lover at heart? Do you love thinking about or talking about your most recent culinary adventure? Do you have a passion for understanding the way that others experience and describe foods and beverages? Are you immersed in academic research and looking for a chance to explore what a career in industry might look like? If you’re up for a challenge, then join us to in helping connect farms to families for a better life.
What You Will Learn:
Our mission is to provide data and insights about our product experience throughout the product lifecycle and enable a culture of data-based decision making. As part of this team, you will learn about multiple facets of a consumer product goods company, from developing a new product to ensuring quality of the products that our consumers have grown to love. This internship will train you in the different aspects of sensory science including sample preparation, designing and executing various sensory test methodologies, data analysis, interpretation of results, and report writing.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct research and analyze data to increase understanding of the sensorial attributes of our ingredients, prototypes, and finished products
- Collaborate with Product Development and Consumer Insights to incorporate consumer feedback on product experience and claims positioning
- Network with cross-functional team members to better understand the role of Sensory Science in the CPG environment
- Help move the Sensory Science program forward to meet the needs of our product development teams in their development of new products and reformulation of existing products to meet business needs; meet the needs of our Quality teams as they continue to sharpen our sensory acuity for incoming ingredients and/or finished products
What You’ll Need:
- Interest in pursuing a career in sensory science, food safety and quality, and/or product development.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Solid problem-solving skills, attention to detail, high degree or organization, and curiosity
- Experience with sensory testing, statistical analysis, basic laboratory instruments and procedures,
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A strong ability to communicate basic science and technical challenges to non-technical audiences.
- An ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional team environment.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or related field. 2020 grads will be considered.
Duration & Location:
- Position will start in June 6, 2022 and run for 10-12 weeks.
- Traditional work week but with summer Fridays 8:00am-12:30pm; flexibility and off-site work may be required for project travel, experimental test runs, customer discovery.
- COVID-permitting, this position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Lakeville, MA (about 45 minutes South of Boston – Exit 6 off of Rte 495). If necessary, this internship can be facilitated virtually.
Who We Are:
You might have our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday debate about what’s better – canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are 700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team members, farmers, consumers and communities alike–we value what makes us unique and strive to connect our farms to families for a better life by living our values:
- Grower Mindset – We embrace our grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence, learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results – Guided by purpose, we are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All – We are ethical, doing the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each other
- Inclusive Teamwork – We build diverse and inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.