Ohio State University Biological Science Research Technician Vacancy
If you are currently employed or enrolled as a student at The Ohio State University, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Welcome to The Ohio State University’s career site. We invite you to apply to positions of interest. In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the application process. You can review the additional job description section on postings for documents that may be required.
Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
Job Title: Research Senior Technician
Department: Medicine | IM Medical Oncology
- Researcher Technician 3 to provide support for research studies in Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy as directed in the OSUCCC Pelotonia Institute for Immuno-Oncology (PIIO) as directed in the Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Independently conducts assigned experiments conducting experiments using advanced genetic and immunological technologies to aid the development of immune-based strategies for the treatment of cancer. Records and consolidates research data, keeps a detailed lab notebook, and presents key findings at lab meetings; assists with preparation of data and materials for inclusion in research reports, publications and grant applications written by principal investigator. Research current scientific literature on specified topics.
- Assist with instruction of undergraduate and graduate students in laboratory procedures and operation of equipment. Calibrate various laboratory equipment and operate microscopes, centrifuges and other laboratory equipment. Assist with ordering, stocking and maintenance of research supplies.
A Bachelor’s degree in a biological/health science or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Knowledge of genetic and immunological technologies, single cell sequencing, high dimensional imaging, cloning, molecular biology, immunohistochemistry, Western blot, tissue culture, PCR and flow cytometry desired.
- Ability to translate, adapt and apply academic or practical knowledge in the conduct of biological/health science research is required. Requires successful completion of a background check. Qualified candidates may be requested to complete a pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
Function: Research and Scholarship
Career Band: Individual Contributor – Technical
Career Level: T3
The Ohio State University is a dynamic community of diverse resources, where opportunity thrives and where individuals transform themselves and the world. The Ohio State University is one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive public universities and a top employer in Ohio.
Ohio State University Biological