Olam Food Ingredients Innovation Intern Recruitment, Apply Online
Olam Food Ingredients Innovation Intern Recruitment, Apply Online. We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Job Requisition ID: 806
Location: Willowbrook, IL
AREA OF INTEREST: R&D/Scientific
REGULAR/TEMP [REGULAR/TEMP]: Regular
Reporting to the Application Scientist, the Innovation Intern will work with the Coffee Innovation Team and be exposed to daily operations as well as project work. They will acquire knowledge and experience by supporting the Coffee Innovation Team while completing a specific project in coffee/beverages research and development estimated 12-weeks’ time. This intern will learn about the coffee/beverages industry including processing, quality/analytical testing, documentation, and commercialization methods.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a student pursuing advanced education in good standing with an accredited university. They should be a high achiever with a desire to learn and develop. Ability to work with multiple resources within the company while communicating effectively and professionally will be required for success in this position.
- Support the Innovation team with benchtop samples that need to be produced working in collaboration with Application Scientist and the Director of Chemistry.
- Support work in the laboratory creating prototypes, running analytical tests, data analysis, and sensory evaluation.
- Record and document the of benchtop formulations, pilot plant trials, and the development of specifications and other technical documentation.
- Learn how to operate in a lab environment, sending samples and coordination with various business units and functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
Good academic standing and currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in food science/food process engineering or a related field is required.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment is required.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Firm knowledge of chemistry and biology with the ability to apply this knowledge to food systems is preferred.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Office and make presentations is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]