Olam International Intern Innovation & Quality – Food Science Apply
Olam International Intern Innovation & Quality – Food Science Apply. We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
Innovation & Quality Intern
Job ID: #655
Location: Las Cruces, NM
AREA OF INTEREST: Quality
REGULAR/TEMP [REGULAR/TEMP]: Regular
Reporting to Las Cruces Quality Assurance (QA) Manager, the Innovation and Quality (IQ) Intern will work with the Capsicum IQ team and be exposed to daily operations as well as project work. They will acquire knowledge and experience by supporting the Capsicum IQ team while completing an estimated 12-week project for the Quality team and learning Olam’s product portfolio & testing requirements. The intern will learn about the Capsicum industry including processing, quality/analytical testing and research and development.
- Support Innovation team with any benchtop samples that need to be produced working in collaboration with a Sr. Scientist.
- Support Spice blends Innovation team with any commercializations & samples required.
- Conduct laboratory QA testing on Capsicum products using Olam methodologies & procedures.
- Working in partnership with a Sr. Scientist and our Product Line team to conduct a thorough review of the Capsicum portfolio and make recommendations for consolidations of SKU’s.
- Special projects as assigned by the Las Cruces QA manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Academic standing as a currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in food science or a related discipline is required.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment is required.
- Possessing a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness is required.
- Firm knowledge of chemistry and biology with the ability to apply this knowledge to food systems is preferred.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.