PepsiCo Biology & Food Science Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
R&D product development, processes and supporting systems, including specifications, document management, and workflows; and data mapping, transformation, loading and industry tools and concepts including AI, machine learning, ETL, Velox, and Quickbase. Up to 10% travel (domestic and international) required to conferences, client sites, and company offices
Job Title: R&D Associate Principal Scientist
Location: Purchase, New York
Department: Research and Development
Req Id: 281040BR
- Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Food Engineering, Food Science, Biology, Information Management, or related and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or related role.
- Must have three (3) years of experience with: cross-functional business processes and data interactions including understanding data relationships, the impact changing a business process has on data, and how to remediate any affected data; project management including timeline development, milestone and deliverable status tracking and delivery, and risk and issue identification and mitigation;
- tailoring and customizing business communication across a regional or global set of stakeholders to drive a common understanding of data in the context of business and system processes; implementing large-scale data transformations globally across different enterprise applications, including SAP and ProductVision; as a team leader, managing both direct and indirect reports, in providing clear priorities and expectations; developing process and technical solutions, engaging and aligning with key stakeholders, and documenting and implementing technical solutions; executing fundamental change management and stakeholder engagement principles in a global program; creating and presenting strategic content directed at business and technical executives;
- R&D product development, processes and supporting systems, including specifications, document management, and workflows; and data mapping, transformation, loading and industry tools and concepts including AI, machine learning, ETL, Velox, and Quickbase. Up to 10% travel (domestic and international) required to conferences, client sites, and company offices.
- Serve as primary liaison between the global data transformation program, regional stakeholders, subject matter experts, and Information Technology partners to drive the digitization of R&D Technical documentation not currently in digital format, including Word, Excel, and local databases, consistent with people, process and technology strategy.
- Lead business (R&D), process (R&D/IT), and technical (IT) discussions across stakeholders. Responsible for creating frameworks around risk assessment in the context of R&D specification management targeted at solving complex and functional R&D problems, addressing issues, and mitigating risks, including thorough vetting and presenting of options, as well as robust impact analysis to data digitization and other areas of the program.
- Represent functional needs of key R&D stakeholder groups in the assessment, development, and implementation of currently implemented processes and future enhanced processes to enable the use of new tools and protocols related to digitized specifications and associated reference data.
- Represent R&D functional needs by synthesizing stakeholder perspectives and feedback clearly and actionable for cross-functional teams. Responsible for business scenario development for end-to-end testing across multiple deployments’ readiness for data preparation team with the program team in business scenario development for end-to-end testing across multiple deployments readiness and provide input relative to the R&D end-user experience.
- Coordinate with data governance ensuring the future process is developed in compliance with master data governance standards and collaborate with partner teams to ensure Governance standards and compliance.
- Coordinate directly with Information Technology partners to represent R&D function in creating strategy and evolving implementation approach and/or tools across deployments, including integration with and understanding of the agile approach, coordination of data set creations for testing scenarios as well as detailed cutover and release planning.
- Support data digitization team in identifying and documenting R&D specification processes as they are being transformed from legacy (unstructured) to fully digitized (structured) specifications. Assist in sustaining the Intermediate Data Repository (IDR) to ensure seamless data migrations to SAP global specification system. *Telecommuting permitted: work may be performed within normal commuting distance from the PepsiCo office in Purchase, New York.
PepsiCo Biology & Food