PepsiCo Food Science Internship – Applications Invited
PepsiCo Food Science Internship – Applications Invited. PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Supply Chain Intern
Locations: Tolleson, Arizona
Job Function: Sales
Req ID: 235115BR
The goal of PepsiCo’s Supply Chain Program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. Ultimately we aim to develop the future supply chain leaders necessary to enable our growth within an accelerated period of time. Students will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced consumer package goods industry to build a diverse, foundational skillset, lead change, and most importantly, people.
At PepsiCo, it is important for our employees to get a holistic experience of all operations early in their career. This facilitates the ability to choose to either specialize in one area of Supply Chain or be a part of a general management team tasked with bringing products to market safely while delivering on cost, quality, and service. There is no specific order of assignments in which individuals will progress, but one can expect leading hourly employees, whether it is in our manufacturing facilities, warehouses, or transport. In addition to building leadership skills, campus hires will be given assignments to build their technical knowledge in disciplines like Maintenance, Quality, and Safety, and their analytical skills in the areas of Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Logistics, and Network Optimization.
As campus hires continue to build their leadership, business acumen, and functional skills, they will be called upon to lead large scale strategic projects within Engineering and bring our innovation to the marketplace from concept to shelf. The intent of all these experiences is to develop well-rounded leaders needed for our large-scale plants, planning functions, go-to-market teams, and headquarters.
What you can expect:
Opportunities are provided through varying assignments in Production, Warehouse Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Planning, Transportation Engineering, Customer Integration, Commercialization, and Supply Chain Strategy. Assignments are based on functional knowledge vs. defined time periods. Based on performance, candidates will have the unique opportunity to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility, leading to managerial positions. Keep in mind, when you work for PepsiCo, you will have access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Pepsi, Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Ensure a safe working environment for yourself and the people around you
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop, and influence various teams
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: preshift, roundtables, etc.)
- Use your analytical thinking skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis; demonstrating a strong drive to fix problems and design solutions
- Support various components and activities spanning the project management life cycle; such as business case analysis, detailed requirements, software design/testing/deployment, and issues management
- Learn PepsiCo’s Operations framework through various placements in Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality and Transport Operations
- Perform at a fast pace, with self-motivation and strong initiative
- Have a productivity, continuous improvement mindset
- Be flexible – in order to understand our 24/7 operations, you may at times need to work various schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering, Food Science, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership & Supervision, or Business Management (other related majors will be considered)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off-campus; either through employment, internship, or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make trade-off decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and teambuilding skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to work flexible work schedules, including early mornings, evening and/or weekends
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Spanish language skills a plus
Minimum Qualifications – Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the intended full-time start date
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Be 21 years of age or older Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Temporary