Perdue Farms R&D Internship, Apply Online
Perdue Farms R&D Internship, Apply Online. Perdue Farms is a family-owned food and agriculture company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. We were founded on trust—a value that carries through everything we do. Perdue Foods is a leader in Premium Proteins and Perdue AgriBusiness ranks among the top US grain companies.
Research and Development Internship
Date: Nov 11, 2021
Location: Salisbury, MD, US, 21801
Req ID: 48064
Job Function: College Recruitment (Interns/OMTS/LMTS)
Come join us at our Innovation Center for Summer 2022! Our Research and Development Internship offer students hands-on, real-world experience within the company over an 10 – 12 week period. Come experience an inside look in the world of research and development, CPG and food production.
What can you expect from a Perdue summer internship?
- Competitive Pay
- Exciting Social, Philanthropic, and Networking Events with other Perdue Interns
- Hands-On, Real World Work Experience and a Dedicated Summer Mentor
- Learning Workshops
- Travel to Perdue Locations Such as our Innovation Center, Perdue Learning University and Live Production Farms
- Interaction with Senior Leadership
- Housing Stipend
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2021
What You Will Learn & Main Responsibilities
- Working with summer mentors learning different aspects of how certain Research and Development areas operate while getting hands-on, real world work experience.
- Technical areas may include but are not limited to: Product Development, Process Development, Packaging Development and Sensory Analyses
- Will be able to interact with Senior leadership.
- Will be able to travel to different company locations such as the Innovation Center, Perdue Learning University and Live Production Farms.
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree at an accredited university in a relevant field of study. Meat Science, Food Science, Packaging Science or related majors preferred.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn new software
- Have strong communication skills, including written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently or in teams
- 3.25 GPA or higher is highly preferred
- Completed college-level classes (Meat Science, Food Chemistry, Packaging or similar courses)
- Student extra-curricular experiences
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.