Perkin Elmer Internship – Applications Invited From Biology & Genetics
Perkin Elmer Internship – Applications Invited From Biology & Genetics. PhD Genetics & Biology Internships at Perkin Elmer. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania US
Job ID: JR-019099
- Primary responsibility will be the organization and review of data obtained from internal genetic, enzyme, and biomarker reports generated with the potential for responsibilities as available to assist with the writing of two manuscripts.
- Review of data will include the organization of variants into autosomal dominant/recessive, and X-linked categories and determination of carrier and pathogenic status with assistance and training by the remaining members of the team working on this project.
- Two primary manuscripts are to be drafted but additional publication may be considered
- Shadowing and participation of other applicable lab activities as required
- This work will operate as a team project including the other team members consisting of variant analysts, genetic counsellors, outside vendors, and lab directors.
- Attend meetings in reference to the primary research objective as well as optional operational meetings to further enrich the experience and assist in education (approximately 1 to 2 hours per week)
- Must currently be a student in masters or PhD level biology or health science based program, preferably Public Health or Genetics related.
- Must be able to use excel and operate Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Microsoft Teams, and Word
- Previous experience within the field of genetics in coursework or employment
- Experience with data collection, management, or review is a plus
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.