Pfizer Biology Scientist Recruitment 2021 – Apply Online
Pfizer’s Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is a pioneering research unit that partners with leading academic research and medical centers and innovative biotech companies to translate novel findings into therapies that change patients’ lives. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional scientist to leverage their subject matter expertise and technical skills while collaborating with world-leading investigators and multidisciplinary research teams at Pfizer. For this role, we are seeking a driven scientist with a broad background in biomedical research as demonstrated by an accomplished work history. The candidate will leverage their expertise in cellular and molecular biology to interrogate drug target biology, evaluate target molecular mechanisms of action, and understand drug candidate pharmacology.
Job Title: Scientist-Biology
Job Location: United States – Massachusetts – Cambridge
- BS/MS in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a closely related field with 5 or more years of experience conducting laboratory research.
- Position requires a hands-on scientist who directly utilizes their technical expertise at the bench to test hypotheses, develop compelling data packages, and advance biological
- knowledge and drug development projects.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about learning new areas of biology and in creating practical applications of those learnings.
- Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make simultaneous contributions to multiple independent projects in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong English language is written and oral communication skills are essential.
Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of cellular, molecular, and/or biochemical assays focused on understanding disease mechanisms and targets.
Technical skills should include experience with most or all of the following: Molecular cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, TaqMan, ELISA, Luminex, cell-based assay development (e.g. cellular cytotoxicity, proliferation, reporter, ligand binding, etc. with multiple readouts), FACS, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry.
- Candidates with prior research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical companies will be given preference.
- Candidates with a prior research focus on rare disorders including those of the renal or nervous systems, multi-organ fibrosis, or vascular dysfunction will be given preference.
- Candidates with prior research focus on cellular senescence will be given preference.
Evidence of ability to conduct innovative research outside the primary area of concentration is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo assessment of drug candidates is desirable.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct highly innovative research in broad areas of interest to Pfizer such as rare diseases of the renal and nervous systems, disease manifestations including multi-organ fibrosis and vascular dysfunction, and mechanisms relevant to pathobiology such as cellular senescence. The candidate will be expected to design, conduct, and interpret molecular, cellular, and biochemical experiments to better understand the biology of drug targets and pathways and to use the tools created by this work to evaluate early stage large and small molecule drug leads.
- CTI identifies, evaluates, initiates, and advances its drug development programs in collaboration with all disease area research units within Pfizer. Consequently, this role will require a scientist with an interest and aptitude to work on a diverse array of topics that could include oncology, inflammation/immunology, metabolic disease, and rare diseases. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate abilities, interest, and the mental agility to pursue research outside of their specific area of expertise.
- The candidate will be an individual contributor on highly matrixed multidisciplinary teams comprising other members of CTI, partner-lines, disease research units, and collaborating external scientists. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stake holders is essential.
- The candidate will conduct research in a manner ensuring that aggressive project deliverables and timelines are met. The candidate is expected to embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and biotech-like culture, values, and goals of CTI and to contribute to an exciting, collaborative, productive, and scientifically rigorous working environment.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: February 9, 2021
Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer Biology Scientist Recruitment