Pfizer Freshers Biochemistry Job Opening – Apply Online
Pfizer Freshers Biochemistry Job Pfizer Freshers Job Opening. Freshers job Pfizer Biology Job-Opening Pfizer Associate Scientist Pfizer Biology Job Pfizer colleagues have many perspectives, many backgrounds and many strengths. But we share one goal: to make the world a healthier place. Our investment in people is a commitment to strengthen an already remarkable company. Pfizer is a place for people who strive to learn, grow and lead. Check out all the details
Job Title: Associate Scientist, Gene Therapy, Downstream
Location: United States – Missouri – St. Louis – Chesterfield
Pfizer Freshers Biochemistry Job
Gene therapy is a new and exciting therapeutic area. The purpose of the Associate Scientist position is to provide the planning and execution of experiments to design and optimize gene therapy manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry/Biochemistry, or Biology, and have a working knowledge of biochemistry and related analytical chemistries, preferably in chromatography, centrifugation, precipitation, and filtration design principles. This position requires the design and execution of experiments using the aforementioned technologies and the ability to evaluate and clearly reporting the results to laboratory colleagues and other affected functional areas.
The successful Associate Scientist applicant will have experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. This position will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on developing and optimizing recovery and purification processes for gene therapy viral vectors for early- and late-phase clinical trials.
- The Associate Scientist will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to develop robust, efficient, scalable strategies for improving downstream process performance.
- The job function requires judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures.
- Pfizer Freshers Biochemistry Job Responsibilities will include conducting experiments, tests, and analysis as part of a variety of research and development activities, e.g., small-scale studies, pilot plant and manufacturing downstream purification studies.
- The Associate Scientist will be expected to summarize, evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes.
- This position will support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and innovative research.
- This position will be expected to prepare internally reviewed technical reports, and make oral presentations to scientists and management.
- The successful candidate must be able to endorse a change to business infrastructure to ensure pipeline, legacy and technology success.
- BS degree in a biological or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent)
0-2 years’ experience in laboratory research required, preferably in recombinant protein/biomolecule purification process development, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision.
- Pfizer Freshers Biochemistry Job Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
- The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of protein chemistry, protein analytics, and bioprocess technology is required.
- Experience in transferring Biotherapeutic processes to pilot plants or manufacturing organizations and knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in these environments is a plus.
- Strong analytical and computer skills are desirable.
- Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis is a benefit.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: September 18, 2020
Additional Location Information: St Louis, MO – Chesterfield
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus