Pfizer Molecular/Cellular Biology Scientist Vacancy – Apply Now
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
Job Title: Scientist
Location: United States – New York – New York City
- BS/MS in molecular/cellular biology or a closely related field with 5 or more years of experience conducting laboratory research
- Position requires a hands-on scientist who directly utilizes their technical expertise at the bench to test hypotheses, develop compelling data packages, and advance biological knowledge in the context of drug development projects.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about learning new areas of biology and in creating practical applications of those learnings.
- Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make simultaneous contributions to multiple independent projects in a highly matrixed organization.
Strong oral and written English language communication skills are essential.
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of cellular and molecular assays focused on understanding disease mechanisms and targets.
- Technical skills should include experience with most or all of the following: Molecular cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, TaqMan, ELISA, Luminex, cell-based assay development (e.g. cellular cytotoxicity, proliferation, reporter gene assays, ligand binding, etc. with multiple readouts), FACS, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry.
- Candidates with prior research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical companies will be given preference.
- Candidates with prior research exposure to oncology or inflammatory disease may be given preference.
- Evidence of ability to conduct innovative research outside the primary area of concentration is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo assessment of drug candidates (small molecules and/or biopharmaceuticals) is desirable.
- Master’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in maintaining a mouse colony, and with tissue necropsy
- Knowledge in multi-parameter flow cytometry analysis of tumor infiltrating immune cells
- Hands-on skills in protein analytics
The candidate will be expected to conduct highly innovative research in broad areas of interest to Pfizer that include inflammatory, renal, cardiovascular and fibrotic disease, as well as cancer. The candidate will be expected to design, conduct, and interpret molecular and cellular experiments to better understand the biology of drug targets and pathways and to use the tools created by this work to evaluate early stage large and small molecule drug leads.
CTI identifies, initiates, and advances its drug development programs in collaboration with all disease area research units within Pfizer. Consequently, this role will require a scientist with an interest and aptitude to work on a diverse array of topics that could include oncology, renal diseases, inflammatory/autoimmune diseases, as well as diverse and evolving applications of RNA-based therapeutics. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate abilities, interest, and the mental agility to pursue research within and outside of their specific area of expertise.
- The candidate will be an individual contributor on highly matrixed multidisciplinary teams comprising other members of CTI, partner-lines, disease research units, and collaborating external scientists. Therefore, the ability to communicate and interact effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders is essential.
- The candidate will conduct research in a manner ensuring that aggressive project deliverables and timelines are met. The candidate is expected to embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and biotech-like culture, values, and goals of CTI and to contribute to an exciting, collaborative, productive, and scientifically rigorous working environment.
- Perform laboratory experiments to help establish robust disease biology, biochemical and cell-based compound screening assays and carry out in vivo evaluation across a broad array of target classes for the project teams.
- Prepare and present experimental results to project teams.
- Comply with all safety training and good laboratory practices.
Pfizer Molecular/Cellular Biology