Pfizer PhD Freshers Job – Microbiology Senior Scientist PhD Job
Pfizer invites applications from PhD freshers candidates with subjects as cell culture, immunology, cell biology, microbiology, or virology. PhD Freshers microbiology job opening at Pfizer. Pfizer job vacancy for PhD fresher candidates. Microbiology job opening 2019 at Pfizer, Ney York. Interested candidates may check out all the relevant details on the same below:
Job Location: United States – New York – Pearl River
Job Title: Senior Scientist – Microbiology
- PhD with 0-3 years relevant experience (cell culture, immunology, cell biology, microbiology, or virology)
- A strong background in biological science is essential. Prior cell culture experience and flow cytometry is strongly preferred.
- At least 0-3 years of relevant academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology laboratory experience is necessary.
- The ability to manage time and be organized is a must for the job.
- The incumbent must have the ability to handle changes in a project direction or performing unexpected urgent assignments.
- The incumbent must conduct complex experiments, perform calculations, and discuss conclusions regarding progress and results of work.
- The incumbent designs experiments and suggests improvements to existing methodology.
- The incumbent needs to ensure that the methodologies are compliant with GLP and regulatory standards before utilization. The incumbent must take the initiative, be self-motivated, and display independent thinking.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Role Summary For Pfizer PhD Freshers Job :
- This position is within the Cell Culture area of the High Throughput Clinical Testing (HTCT) group within VRD.
- The incumbent is responsible for oversight of the cell and reagent supply required for regulated assay throughput, including the preparation of relevant regulated documents.
- The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert on cell culture operations and interact with colleagues in cross-functional teams. This will include, but not limited to, devising plans to ensure an adequate cell supply for assays, resource forecasting, scheduling and prioritization of requests from various vaccine programs, adequate reagent supply and qualifications, troubleshooting/investigations/trending, monitoring cell performance, and attending and participating in various (sub)teams, automation of the cell culture processes.
- The incumbent will lead investigations for process problems and troubleshooting and conceives/promotes novel experimental approaches to cell culture operations. This position reports to the head of cell culture.
- This Pfizer PhD Freshers Job also involves performing other tasks as assigned, related to HTCT functional bioassays. All of the above includes practicing laboratory safety at all times and efforts toward cGMP compliance.
- The incumbent must have excellent writing skills, as writing standard operating procedures and reports are an essential component of this position.
- As an integral member of this dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong, positive work ethic and be highly collaborative with the other group members.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Strategizes and oversees the day-to-day manual and robotic cell culture operations, including leading a cell culture subteam and approximately 6 direct reports, supporting early and late phases of vaccine clinical development studies.
- Subject matter expert for cell culture, robotic operations, flow cytometry. Designs and manages cell culture experimental processes and qualification / bridging studies, in consultation with the head of cell culture, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Assay Development colleagues in these endeavors, as appropriate.
Authors, reviews and/or oversees the preparation of regulated and unregulated cell culture documents and technical reports, equipment qualification and SOPs.
- Acts as a liaison with Assay Development and Research groups to plan and coordinate the delivery of a supply of cells. (Pfizer PhD Freshers Job)
- Provides scientific and organizational leadership through strong interpersonal skills.
Identifies and leads investigations for process problems and suggests/evaluates resolutions and improvements.
- With limited or no guidance from the supervisor, the incumbent performs complex tasks and discusses conclusions on the results obtained at group and project meetings, as needed.
- Manages and oversees the training of junior colleagues on new and established technologies.
- Proposes and promotes the implementation of novel/innovative experimental approaches for new or existing cell culture projects, if appropriate, in consultation with the supervisor.
- Forecasts timelines and cell culture resources to support vaccine programs, and communicates these to relevant internal and external teams, as appropriate.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements. Perform other duties as assigned
Pfizer PhD Freshers Job
- Work primarily performed in the laboratory and at the individual’s desk using a computer.
Lifting not more than 8-10 pounds required. Walking to various laboratories/biosuites.
- This position requires the ability to stand and reach inside the hardware environment of various laboratory robotic equipment, and lift and transport robotic components to and from the laboratory bench.
- This position may require occasional weekend work to meet critical timelines.
Interacts with members of the to other members of HTCT and CDAD organizations within VRD. External contacts with vendors and the external laboratory PPD (Richmond, VA) personnel through providing technical training
- Financial Accountability
- Indicate the Average Budget or Revenue accountability, as applicable.
- Provide input to the supervisor and/or department head regarding resources, equipment, and supplies needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Indicate the typical number of Colleagues managed. Include direct & indirect reports, matrix responsibility and or additional resources (i.e. contingent workers), as applicable.
- May have 0-7 direct reports.
- The incumbent is responsible for planning her (his) daily workflow to complete the tasks/experiments outlined by the supervisor, project leaders, and management.
How to Apply For this Pfizer PhD Freshers Job:
Interested & eligible candidates who fulfill all the above-listed criteria can apply for the job online below: