P&G Computational Biology Scientist Job Vacancy – Apply Online
This role leverages a cross-discipline technical mastery in chemistry and life science innovation, especially by leveraging data and digital approaches. The candidate will guide and influence technical project direction and solve significant technical problems by leveraging scientific/engineering skills and strong foundational R&D understanding developed through hands-on experimentation/application or modeling/simulation/bioinformatics.
Job Title: SCIENTIST, CHEMISTRY & LIFE SCIENCE INNOVATION
Job locations: Mason, Ohio, United States
Job Type: Full time
Job categories: Research And Development
Req No: R000023065
They are looking for a PhD in Data/Modeling science, Computational biology/Bioinformatics, Chemistry/Biochemistry, or Life Science.
For candidates with computational background, Ph.D. in Computational Biology/Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics/Statistics, Computer Science/Engineering or closely related field with a background in large-scale data analysis:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in applying state-of-the-art data & modeling tools to analyze large-scale, complex datasets. Strong background in programming, mathematics, modeling.
- Strong domain knowledge in Biology or chemistry, with demonstrated experience of applying data & modeling science in biology or chemistry.
- For candidates without computational background, Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology/Microbiology or closely related field:
Demonstrated experience in a cross-discipline application for new molecule discovery, including method/model development and mechanistic understanding
Solid foundation in experimental techniques. Excellent in problem-solving skills.
For all candidates:
- Candidates with entrepreneurial/startup experience and/or industrial experience are strongly preferred.
- Strong ownership & self-leadership skills to understand the business objective and technical problem to be solved, collaborate with the project team for test method development and technology development
- The ability to recognize opportunities for capabilities or technologies that can be reapplied across programs
- Abilities to independently work project priorities, multi-task, and handle a wide variety of complex, non-routine/routine tasks in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER: Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
P&G Computational Biology Scientist