Philips Bioinformatics Research Data Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Research Data Scientist for Predictive Analytics
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, statistics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, data science, or a related field.
- Data modeling, analytics, and visualization
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Python data science pipeline (pandas, sklearn, numpy, scipy, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Algorithm design, implementation
- Signal processing
- Publishing scientific papers and presenting at scientific conferences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Skills and experience in some of the following areas would be a plus:
- 1+ years experience working on big data science.
- 1+ years of research experience working on novel applications for use in hospital and home patient care settings.
- Physiological signal processing (e.g., ECG and other physiological waveforms)
- Knowledge of human physiology
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry including trends inpatient care at the hospital and home
- High performance computing using Apache Spark, cloud infrastructure, or related technology
- Assessment of drug effectiveness and adverse drug events
- Government grant applications
- Database technologies
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
You are responsible for
- Developing new technologies in the areas of machine learning, predictive modeling, simulation, and outcome management.
- Conducting research, designing, developing, and evaluating first-of-kind data analytics solutions to provide real-time diagnostics and therapeutic decision support applications.
- Interacting with clinical customers to understand their problems, share insights and best practices, and validate prototypes of solutions to assess their value to patient care.
- Collaborating with Philips business groups to deliver innovations in a timely and high-quality manner.
You are part of
Philips Research is at the forefront of healthcare research. Existing now for 100 years, Philips Research has been one of the world’s premier research labs and now has more than 1000 research scientists and engineers around the world. Our agenda includes discovering fundamental principles and developing scientific and engineering innovations to enhance health and well-being. Philips is a pioneer and leader in the healthcare industry.
Philips Bioinformatics Research