Pivot Bio Internship For Microbiology – Apply Online
Pivot Bio Internship For Microbiology – Apply Online. Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Isolation Internship, Berkeley CA Headquarters
Pivot Bio is offering full-time paid summer internships supporting microbial isolation experiments in pursuit of growing and diversifying our strain library. Working with the Isolation Team, our summer intern will process plant and soil samples and screen microbial colonies as part of our discovery pipeline. Interns will also help with purification and characterization of isolates as well as supporting selection experiments. In addition, each intern will work to complete an independent isolation-related project to gain further experience in microbiology, molecular biology, or other related fields.
Our team thrives on collaboration and communication, and this internship provides an excellent opportunity to work with a close-knit team while gaining hands-on experience in a biotech laboratory.
- Supports the isolation pipeline through sample processing, colony picking, screening, identifying and purifying candidate isolates using automation tools and high-throughput molecular assays
- Helps design and execute isolation selection experiments testing new techniques and media types in search of isolates with desired phenotypes
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current or recent college student, microbiology-related major with hands-on microbiology lab experience preferred
- Clear communicator, detail-oriented, able to follow SOPs
- Experience with sterile technique and basic molecular biology (e.g. PCRs) preferred
- Must be able to lift 25lbs and perform repetitive manual tasks, including pipetting or other hand motions for extended periods of time
Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity contribute to and work with a talented and fun team