Post-Doc Research Associate, Immunology & Technology Discovery
Are you energized by the challenge of integrating genetic insight, immunology, and cutting edge technology to develop novel RNA-based therapeutics to treat autoimmune disease? If so, this Post-Doc Research Associate position could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
Job Title: Post-Doc Research Associate, Immunology & Technology Discovery (Upper Providence, PA, US)
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
Science and Technology
- Ph.D. degree or a M.D./Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology, or Immunoengineering, completed within the past 3 years.
- One or more years of experience in cell culturing, including primary immune cells, cell transfection and infection, and viral, polymer, and/or lipid siRNA or shRNA delivery
- One or more years of experience with methods to detect changes in RNA and protein expression (e.g. RT-PCR, Western blot/JESS, Immunocytochemistry)
- One or more years of experience in functional assay development and execution in immune cells
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived immune cell differentiation and manipulation
- Experience developing novel biomaterials or bioengineering platforms (e.g. polymer synthesis, nanoparticle fabrication, material characterization)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with RNAi
- Experience with human cellular complex/co-culture models or ex vivo tissue explants
- Experience with flow cytometry and immunophenotyping
- Experience with drug delivery in mouse models
Post-doctoral fellows within GSK’s global collaborative training program will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of cutting edge science to advance GSK’s mission ‘to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together’.
- Accelerate your post-doctoral research with GSK’s extensive R&D engine.
- Bridge the gap from target identification to medicine for patients in-need by leveraging GSK’s: Tools, Technologies, Libraries, Samples, People, Knowledge Base, & Training program.
- Postdoctoral research will be focused on addressing the critical R&D challenges that have been selected as cutting-edge science and are optimal areas of science for post-doctoral training.
- Your Postdoctoral experience will be accompanied by tremendous support at GSK with the opportunity for daily collaborations with world-class scientists. GSK is committed to providing each postdoc with a mentor who will be focused on providing a comprehensive training program and are expected to nurture skills that will enable postdocs to become independent scientific investigators.
- During your time at Johns Hopkins University you will be immersed in the Biomaterials and Drug Delivery laboratory within the Biomedical Engineering department. You will collaborate amongst leading academic researchers and have access to innovative technologies at the interface of biology, chemistry and engineering. Mentorship and scientific growth will be achieved through participation in lab meetings and seminars and participation in the Johns Hopkins Translational ImmunoEngineering Center activities.
- Ideal candidates will: set direction & inspire, work across boundaries, release energy, develop capabilities, drive performance, and live the GSK values, serving patients and consumers.
Post-Doc Research Associate