Post-doctoral Research Associate – Antimicrobial & Antibiofim efficacy
An exciting opportunity has become available to work on a project funded by UKRI in support of the Horizon Europe project ‘Next Generation BiOactiVe NAnocoatings’. The post-holder will seek develop novel test methods and tools, and apply these to novel antimicrobial non-porous surfaces developed by other members of the consortium, to assess antimicrobial and antibiofilm efficacy. The post is fixed term for 44 months.
Qualifications we require:
The Candidate should hold or be working towards a PhD (Doctoral qualification). We are willing to discuss part-time hours for those completing qualifications alongside this role
Undergraduate degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology or a closely related subject.
Essential experience and knowledge is required in the following:
- Significant experience of laboratory microbiology
- Testing non-porous materials for antimicrobial efficacy
- Developing testing methods relating to microbiology survival on non-porous materials
- It would also be desirable for the candidate to have experience of growing and working with biofilm, and with an understanding of pathogens, the built environment and
- government regulation.
- ability to collect, organise and synthesise complex data from different sources;
communication of findings succinctly via oral presentations and written reports and articles;
- be pro-active, motivated, resourceful and able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- able to effectively manage time whilst keeping to a schedule of work and be organised in documenting progress throughout the project;
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr James Redfern ([email protected]).
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria for the role.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
Last Date To Apply: 2nd January 2023