Postdoc Research Associate @ University of Arizona – Apply Online
Job Title: POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE I – SIMPSON POSTDOC
Posting Number req13238
Number of Vacancies 1
Department Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Location Main Campus Address Tucson, AZ USA
Position Highlights A postdoctoral position, supported by the G.G. Simpson Postdoctoral Fellowship, is available in the Badyaev lab at the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Arizona.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position was established to honor Prof. George Gaylord Simpson’s work at our Department and it provides an excellent opportunity for a productive and creative scientist to work on fundamental problems in evolutionary biology of their own choosing within the broad conceptual framework and empirical expertise of the lab. We are particularly interested in integrative organismal biologists wanting to master genomic, developmental or systems biology approaches to the evolution of organismal form and function. In addition to training and extensive laboratory facilities, there is an opportunity to participate in long-term field studies or to work with large multi-generational captive populations.
- PhD in Biology or related field obtained by the time of hire and significant record of research in evolutionary organismal biology.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Molecular genetics, genomic analysis,
- HPLC/UPLC, immunohistochemistry, bioinformatics.FLSA Exempt
- Full Time/Part Time Full Time
- Number of Hours Worked per Week 40
- Job FTE 1.00
- Work Calendar Fiscal
- Job Category Research
- Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
- Rate of Pay $54,840
- Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
- Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Contact Information for Candidates Alex Badyaev
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant Apply online submitting:
1) A single page outline/cover letter of your dream research project inspired by integration of your existing expertise and approaches you would like to learn.
2) CV with contacts of three references included.
3) Reprints of at least two of your most representative papers combined in a single file.
Target Hire Date 2/12/2023
Postdoc Research Associate