PPD Cell Biology Scientist Job Opening 2021 – Apply Online
PPD is a leading global Contract Research Organization – currently operating in nearly 50 countries! At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose – to improve health. Our organization works with a diverse group of pharmaceutical companies to help bend the cost and time curve of small molecule, biologic, and vaccine product development.
Job Title: ENTRY LEVEL SCIENTIST – CELL BIOLOGY
Location: Middleton WI Research Way – Middleton – WI
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (Life Sciences degree preferred) or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Excellent manual dexterity skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to cross-train on sample preparation techniques with another laboratory group
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
- Manual dexterity and can follow detailed written and verbal instruction
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in the expected time frame
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all laboratory documentation in clear and accurate language and according to SOP
Work Environment Requirements
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Cell Biology Scientist