PPD Cell Biology Technician Job Opening 2021 – Apply Online
They are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. They are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Job Title: LAB SUPPORT TECHNICIAN – CELL BIOLOGY
Location: Middleton WI Research Way – Middleton – WI
Education and Experience:
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
Technical positions may require a certificate
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Years of experience refer to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow laboratory safety procedures
- Effective communication skills
- Good cooperative and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to laboratory policies and standard operating procedures
- Data recording skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use the newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstones of our success.
As a Lab Support Technician, you will work with various teams (metrology, sample entry, stability, etc.) and assist in the maintenance of laboratory systems.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award-winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Works with various teams (metrology, sample entry, stability, etc.) and assists in the maintenance of laboratory systems. Supports daily lab operations under the direction of a senior staff member. Performs technical and record-keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Understands and conforms to all standard operating procedures, methods, and protocols applicable to assigned tasks.
- Maintains compliant laboratory documentation. Ensures all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile, and in proper working order.
- Routinely operates laboratory equipment.
- Communicates task status to laboratory manager or designee.
- Performs daily work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
PPD Cell Biology Technician