PPD Cell Lab Graduate Internship Recruitment – Applications Invited
PPD Cell Lab Graduate Internship Recruitment – Applications Invited. PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
CELL LAB GRADUATE INTERN
Job ID: 208986
Location: Middleton – WI
PPD is currently recruiting for our 2022 Summer Internship Program at our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Laboratory in Middleton, WI. The Program requires full-time hours (40 hours per week) starting Monday, May 23rd through Friday August 12th. If a student is not local to the Madison, WI area, he/she will be responsible for finding temporary housing.
Interns will learn about a contract research laboratory and its role within the pharmaceutical research and development industry. They will also be assigned specific project activities under the direction of their supervisor. The student will benefit by applying what they have learned in the classroom to practical situations and by having various opportunities to develop professionally.
Degree concentrations desired: Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology
Please note: Candidates requiring long-term sponsorship will not be considered. Candidates not open to long-term relocation to the Madison, WI area will not be considered.
- Assisting team members with assigned tasks in specific project areas, as well as completing tasks in “Student’s Measurable Learning Objectives”
- Training within department (attend departmental specific training)
- Attending meetings and other learning opportunities
- Other tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in a Master’s or PhD Graduate program in one of the degree concentrations listed above
- Must have experience with cells in a Laboratory
- ELISA and PCR experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Good English and grammar skills
- Good computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Work Environment Requirements
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.