PPD Immunochemistry Graduate Internship Summer 2021
PPD Immunochemistry Graduate Internship Summer 2021. PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Job Title: IMMUNOCHEMISTRY GRADUATE INTERN – BIOANALYTICAL LABORATORY, RICHMOND
Job ID: 187677
Location: Richmond VA Dabney Rd – Richmond – VA
PPD is currently recruiting for our 2021 Summer Internship Program at our Bioanalytical Laboratory in Richmond, VA. The Program requires full-time hours (40 hours per week) starting Monday, May 24th through Friday August 13th. If a student is not local to the Richmond, VA area, he/she will be responsible for finding temporary housing.
Interns will learn about a contract research laboratory and its role within the pharmaceutical research and development industry. They will also be assigned specific project activities under the direction of their supervisor. The student will benefit by applying what they have learned in the classroom to practical situations and by having various opportunities to develop professionally.
Degree concentrations desired: pursuing Master’s or PhD graduate degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biotechnology
Please note: Candidates requiring long-term sponsorship will not be considered.
- Assisting team members with assigned tasks in specific project areas, as well as completing tasks in “Student’s Measurable Learning Objectives”
- Training within department (attend departmental specific training)
- Attending meetings and other learning opportunities
- Other tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in a Master’s or PhD Graduate program in one of the degree concentrations listed above
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Good English and grammar skills
- Good computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.