Promega Quality Control Intern Recruitment – Biochemistry Apply Online
Promega Quality Control Intern Recruitment – Biochemistry Apply Online. We celebrate scientific discovery and the creative application of science to solve problems. Our relationships with our customers, partners and vendors are central to everything we do.
Quality Control Intern
Work Location: San Luis Obispo
Category: Internships/Seasonal Opportunities
Job Code: 2021-2759
Perform testing to determine the Identity and chemical properties of small organic molecules and other materials synthesized by manufacturing and the discovery scientists according to prescribed test methods. Assist QC Analyst with data, collection and input, to update and maintain QC documentation systems. Using a diverse range of techniques, the QC Intern will participate in the generation of data to fulfil characterization and validation protocols.
- Must have completed Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry series.
- Must have the ability to recognize structures and understand chemical properties of materials used in labs.
- Chemistry or Biochemistry major preferred
- Experience working with analytical laboratory instruments.
- Analytical testing of products and materials according to written test methods and procedures.
- Analysis and interpretation of data to make a logical conclusion from the test.
- Assist QC Analyst in laboratory operations including reagent prep, sample organization and stability study testing and data analysis.
- Assist QC Analyst in projects pertaining to the updating and maintaining of QC data systems such as OneNote and Excel Databases.
- Must be able to work seamlessly with coworkers in the department and across other departments throughout the facility in a manner that is synergistic rather than additive.
- Must maintain an acceptable level of organization, neatness, cleanliness throughout the lab and personal workspace.
- Understand and comply with all elements of the PBI Quality system appropriate for this position, including validation of test methods, performing stability studies, developing systems that are consistent and flexible.
- All employees must complete assigned duties in a safe manner, thoroughly familiarizing themselves with safety concerns, such as reading SDSs. Wearing necessary protective clothing, including safety glasses, chemical resistant gloves, lab coat, etc. All employees are required to attend regularly scheduled safety and hazard communication meetings.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the supervisor.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to follow all PBI designated policies regarding Covid restrictions and guidelines.
- Must be able to move and walk frequently throughout the laboratory area.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds or more occasionally
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Ability to read and understand labels, procedures, Safety Data Sheets, and distinguish colours.
- Must have good dexterity.