R&D Internship at Central Specialty Pet – Online Applications Invited
R&D Internship at Central Specialty Pet – Online Applications Invited. Central Specialty Pet, a division of Central Garden & Pet, is looking for a qualified summer intern to join our Research & Development team! This is a paid 10-week paid R&D Internship position at our Franklin, WI location.You will be working on product development and basic research projects related to specialty pet and wild bird foods. Selected student will get exposure to analytical lab equipment and processes, pet food manufacturing, and cross-functional collaboration. In addition to food, there is potential to work on other specialty pet items such as water care products and small animal bedding. This internship is designed to provide you with a realistic immersion of working full time at our company supporting our Aquatics, Small Animal, Pet Bird and Wild Bird business segments .
Work Location: WI – Franklin
Job Code: 7476
What can you expect to get out of this internship?
- You will be entrusted with live challenging business projects.
- You will have the opportunity to advance specific real-world projects that will have a direct impact on business results.
- You will feel the ownership of your projects from Day 1.
- You will also have the opportunity to work with passionate people and receive continuous coaching and mentoring from your manager and colleagues.
Interested in what you might be working on?
These are some example projects you may work on as a R&D Summer Intern:
What are we looking for in you:
- Junior or senior college student pursuing a B.S. in Animal Science, Food Science, or a related field.
- Have and maintain high academic standards with your education institution.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to discuss observations and next steps.
- Demonstrate excellent team leadership capabilities.
- Possess strengths with strategic and analytical thinking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior lab experience and comfort with experimental design a plus
- Willing to work with animals including fish, reptiles, birds, and rodents.
If you thrive in a fast-paced team environment and looking to gain broad experience in various aspects of the business and Research & Development, then we invite you to apply now for this exciting opportunity!
A little bit about us:
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada – all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.